Friday 25 July 2008

A Comedy of Errors


I thought I should update you on the “desperately searching Henry” aspect of this blog.

If you have been following so far then you will know that I need a Henry to complete Henry v part two and the latest news is not good.

I did meet Harold again who was looking VERY dapper, dressed in what was either a 1920’s groom’s wedding suit or a silver, discarded penguin skin. Either way his tie was way too small to be fashionable but suited him impeccably; he looked fantastic.

A serious search of Wikipedia for “famous people in Seattle called Henry”, even when I widened the search to include people who had moved to the city and are now long dead, has thrown up only one – Henry Suzzallo who was president of Washington University from 1915 to 1926. Ok, he has an exotic name and the university district IS one of the most interesting in the city but I am stupidly optimistic that I will come up with something better.

It is amazing how many things have started here, or folk been born here, that have been influential; The Far Side cartoons first surfaced here though, to be fair it was San Francisco that spotted its genius; Hendrix was born here though he moved away; Microsoft, Starbucks and Boeing all belong to the city and most importantly Gypsy Rose Lee started life here in Seattle.
I had always thought she came from Blackpool, England.

But Henry? It seems as if The NW Washington metropolitan area has become the antitheist to all things Henry.

But I’ll keep searching.
Oh, by the way, The Comedy of Errors was Shakespeare’s shortest work and this post at only 288 words is my shortest entry.

No comments: